Updated Outlander Sport | Don Robinson Mitsubishi | St. Cloud, MN
The Outlander Sport is Mitsubishi’s best-selling model here in the United States. It was first introduced in 2011 and has been popular ever since. Now, we are going to get an updated Outlander Sport for the 2020 model year.
With this refreshed model, the Outlander Sport picks up new styling on the front and back that will more closely resemble the Dynamic Shield design on the larger Outlander and Eclipse Cross models. The back end will come with a faux rear skid plate to give it more athletic styling along with new LED lighting. Buyers may also get a few new exterior paint colors to choose from.
Inside, the Outlander Sport will come with a larger infotainment screen. It will be 8 inches, compared to the current model with a 7-inch screen. Mitsubishi also says it will boast better smartphone connectivity, but it hasn’t released details on what that will be. Buyers may also notice a few additional details inside like bits of chrome and piano black accents.
Mitsubishi hasn’t officially released pricing information or a release date. However, pricing isn’t expected to vary much from the MSRP on the current 2018 model. The updated Outlander Sport is expected to arrive on dealership showroom floors in September.
Contact us at Don Robinson Mitsubishi for more information, or take a look at the 2019 model year if you need a vehicle sooner rather than later.
It’s that time of year to pack up your Mitsubishi Outlander and hit the road with the family for an exciting journey. With tons of space to accommodate passengers and cargo, there’s no better summer adventure vehicle. You’ll feel confident and in control while on and off the road, and the Outlander’s smart interior will keep everyone entertained and connected. Here are a few tips on how to use your Mitsubishi Outlander for a summer road trip.
- Capitalize on cargo space: The Outlander’s spacious interior is perfect for road trips, offering comfortable seating for up to seven passengers and an impressive maximum cargo space of 63.3 cubic feet. Pack up everything you need for camping, outdoor adventures, or for setting out across the country.
- Take advantage of off-road capabilities: The Outlander’s available Super All-Wheel Control system uses a suite of state-of-the-art technologies to maximize traction, control, and stability while driving. Its available drive modes make the Outlander perfectly capable of traversing off-road terrains with the family in tow.
- Utilize entertainment features: The available Smartphone Link Display Audio system will be your best friend on road trips, offering HD Radio™ and Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ The latter features give you convenient and safe access to your smartphone’s calling, texting, music, and navigation capabilities directly on the system’s 7-inch touchscreen display, allowing you to easily stream your family’s favorite tunes.
Before you head out on your next road trip, visit our team at Don Robinson Mitsubishi to ensure your vehicle is in top condition for a safe and comfortable adventure.
The 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is unlike anything you’ve ever seen from the Mitsubishi brand. This intelligent and eco-friendly SUV is great for those who truly love the outdoors. Not only does this SUV come with seating for up to five people and plenty of space for cargo, but it also has an intelligent plug-in hybrid design that delivers up to 74 MPGe*.
According to Mitsubishi, the new Outlander PHEV technology includes a DC Quick Charging system to cut down on charge time. Charging at CHAdeMO public charging stations, you can go from empty to 80% charged in just 25 minutes. The Outlander PHEV II app lets you connect your vehicle to your smartphone to find the most efficient charge times, and the PHEV system can automatically toggle between hybrid and all-electric models to save on gas.
How does this Plug-In Hybrid Vehicle (PHEV) work? An all-new Twin Electric Motor system pairs with a powerful engine to optimize performance while saving on gas. Combining electric power with gasoline power saves you money at the pump and cuts back on emissions, yet it also provides impressive range and capabilities. Plus, with Super All-Wheel Control, the Outlander PHEV is great for harsh terrain.
Learn more about the Outlander PHEV or PHEV technology at Don Robinson Mitsubishi. If you want to go green without breaking the bank, the Outlander PHEV may be an ideal option for you.
*EPA mileage estimate. Actual mileage may vary.
These holiday travel tips will help keep you and your family prepared and safe on the open road this Thanksgiving and holiday season.
The most crucial part of any road trip is preparing ahead of time. You should keep your vehicle serviced and up to date, make sure you have everything packed that you need, and look up alternate routes ahead of time in case of traffic or road closures.
Bring Alternative Maps
Relying on a GPS? That’s not always the right move. Of course, it’s fine to use your GPS as a primary resource, but keep maps on hand in case of a lost signal, or consider printing information off Google Maps.
Other people on the road are also going to be booking it to their relatives’ for the holidays, so be cautious, drive slowly, and watch out for other vehicles.
Keep An Emergency Kit On Hand
Blankets, water bottles, snacks, a flashlight, jumper cables, and other necessities should be collected for an emergency kit, just in case.
Lots of studies have been done to prove that doing something while you’re scared or stressed makes you more prone to making mistakes. Get ample sleep the night before and take some time to relax on the road.
Use these holiday travel tips for a more reassuring drive to your relatives’ homes this holiday season.
Mitsubishi offers awesome value, as well as a commitment to excellence and quality, and that continuous dedication to innovation has brought the new 2018 Mitsubishi Mirage to fruition. The new model launches this year with upgraded standard equipment as well as the great, affordable price tag drivers have come to expect from Mitsubishi’s lineup. And with all the perks to owning a Mirage, such as the best non-hybrid fuel economy in the business, you’re in for a great ride.
The new Mitsubishi Mirage will sport a price tag just under $13,400 and comes with a standard 7.0-inch touchscreen display for the audio system. That, in turn, comes with Bluetooth ® wireless software that allows you to stream your favorite music and make hands-free phone calls. There’s also a USB port in the center console for charging or syncing your phone. You can still get features like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto or driver’s seat armrests as available options on upper trims.
The new 2018 Mitsubishi Mirage is now available on dealer’s lots across the nation. Come test drive one for yourself and experience its great reliability, value, and fuel economy, as well as all of its brand-new upgraded tech, at Don Robinson Mitsubishi.
Top Mitsubishi awards in 2017
A vast collection of top Mitsubishi awards prove that this auto brand has a quality, successful lineup to offer to the public.
2017 Mitsubishi Outlander – KBB Most Affordable 3-Row Vehicles
- Do you need a lot of extra space? With the Mitsubishi Outlander, you get a 3-row family SUV for an affordable price. Kelley Blue Book recognizes that achievement with a spot on the Top 10 Most Affordable 3-Row Vehicles list.
2017 Mitsubishi Mirage – KBB Most Affordable New Cars
- The Mitsubishi Mirage earned a spot on Kelley Blue Book’s list of Top 10 Most Affordable New Cars, proving itself to be a frugal and quality option for budgeting buyers.
Brand – 2017 WOMMY Bronze Award
- The Word of Mouth Marketing Association honored Mitsubishi for the brand’s “Kids Talk Safety” ad campaign, which emphasized Mitsubishi as a leader in safety and technology.
Mitsubishi Outlander and Outlander Sport – IIHS Recommended Used Cars for Teens
- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety recommends the Mitsubishi Outlander and Outlander Sport as some of the best used options for teenage drivers thanks to their affordable price and SUV safety and capabilities.
Brand – Best All-Around Performance Brand & Economic Performance Brand
- This award from Automotive Science Group honored Mitsubishi for its contributions in the realm of social, environmental, and economic performance. ASG also mentioned the Outlander and Mirage, stating they stood out in their respective segments.
Want to see what earned these top Mitsubishi models awards? Come check out the brand’s lineup for yourself at Don Robinson Mitsubishi.
2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
Summer vacation is fleeting for many college students, which means it’ll be time for back-to-school shopping in no time. In addition to school supplies, you should also check out a number of Mitsubishi models that are perfect for heading back to campus. The best back-to-school vehicles include the Outlander, Outlander Sport, and the Mirage, thanks to their roomy interiors, affordable pricing, and great gas mileage.
According to Mitsubishi, the new Outlander comes with a range of great features that are perfect for moving back to campus. This crossover SUV gets up to 30 highway mpg* when properly equipped, which saves you money at the pump. The roomy interior can easily fit many of the furniture and supplies you need to move, with a cargo capacity of up to 63.3 cu ft.
For those who want to look especially cool, check out the new Outlander Sport. This model has less seating than the standard Outlander, but the Sport comes with improved capabilities. You can easily explore off-road trails, bike, hike, and more. The Outlander Sport is bound to make other drivers jealous.
Finally, the Mirage is a classic among students headed back to school. This subcompact model saves on space, gets up to 43 highway mpg*, and still seats up to five. It’s one of the most affordable cars on the market, and it also comes with an impressive 10-Year/100,000-Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty. Looking for the most bang for your buck? Check out the Mitsubishi Mirage.
To test drive or explore the Mitsubishi Outlander, Outlander Sport, or Mirage, visit Don Robinson Mitsubishi today.
*EPA estimates. Actual mileage may vary. For comparison purposes only.
2017 Mitsubishi Outlander
If you’re looking for a new adventure in the state of Minnesota, there are tons of trails to explore. Whether you like hiking, bird watching, or biking, there’s truly something for everyone. Plus, you can easily find any off-road destination in a Mitsubishi Outlander, the perfect vehicle for the trip. With added storage space and a rugged exterior, any off-road adventure is a breeze.
One of the top Minnesota trails, according to TrailLink, is the Dakota Rail Regional Trail. This 26.6-mile trail is composed of asphalt and gravel, which is perfect for most beginners. As part of the Rails-to-Trails Conservancy, this trail was converted from old rail lines. Activities include biking, inline skating, fishing, and even cross country skiing. Plus, it’s wheelchair accessible.
Lake Wobegon is also a popular trail in the area. This one is a whopping 60 miles, with an asphalt surface that is also built on an old rail line. Biking, skating, walking, and snowmobiling are all perfect for this trail, and there are great places to fish along the way. Again, this trail is also wheelchair accessible, making it perfect for those with limited mobility.
Finally, hop in your Mitsubishi and drive to the Paul Bunyan State Trail. Measuring over 119 miles, this asphalt trail passes through forests, over 10 rivers and streams, and along more than 20 lakes. There are tons of flora and fauna, and campgrounds are located at both ends. Like the other trails mentioned, this is an accessible asphalt trail built on old rail lines.
Planning your next adventure already? To find the perfect car for the job or any accessories you might need, visit Don Robinson Mitsubishi today.
Keeping important items packed in your SUV is important to many drivers—you never know when disaster could strike, after all. Some SUVs, like the Mitsubishi Outlander and Outlander Sport, have plenty of room for drivers to store emergency supplies and other cargo. Here are a few things to have packed in your SUV as suggested by us here at Don Robinson Mitsubishi!
- Spare Tire – While it should be obvious, it never hurts to remind drivers that a spare tire is incredibly important to keep in your SUV. The Outlander and Outlander Sport already come stocked with one, but it never hurts to check on it every now and then, if only to make sure it’s properly inflated. Having tools necessary to change a flat tire wouldn’t hurt either!
- Emergency Kit – As parents know, kids will always find a way to hurt themselves. That’s why it’s important to keep a fully-stocked emergency kit in your SUV. Fill it with items like bandages, gauze, and other medical supplies.
- Owner’s Manual – Something every driver should keep in their SUV is the owner’s manual. A literal guide to your vehicle, the owner’s manual offers all the information one could need about dashboard lights, changing a flat tire, and more. Stow the owner’s manual in your Outlander or Outlander Sport’s glove box until you need it!
Leasing a vehicle is an excellent option when you’re looking to get a brand-new ride without breaking the bank. You only have to cover the cost of depreciation instead of the full price. This gives you lower monthly payments and a lower initial down payment. If you’re looking to push your savings any further, the Mitsubishi Mirage just topped the industry as the most affordable car to lease – which means you can get all the modern amenities you want for as low as $219 a month*.
The study that discovered this information was conducted by Growella. It is a destination website that analyzes all things related to lifestyle, career, and money and offers advice. The “100 Most Affordable Cars to Lease” study, as it was termed, found that the Mirage had an average auto insurance cost of $35 and monthly gas costs as low as $79**. The overall affordability of the Mitsubishi Mirage can also be attributed to its low starting MSRP, but its great fuel economy is also factored in.
Other benefits to leasing the Mitsubishi Mirage – besides it being the most affordable car on the market – include tech features. These include its standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, as well as a Rockford-Fosgate sound system. Swing by Don Robinson Mitsubishi to check it out today.
*Starting costs, negotiated pricing, and consequently the cost of monthly payments differ from dealership to dealership
**Automobile insurance and fuel economy varies depending on the individual and a number of other factors