Summer is here, which means it’s time to get out and enjoy Minnesota’s summer weather. If you’re hoping to break out the tents and head out to a campsite for some family fun, here’s a look at some of the best places to camp in Minnesota.
Tettegouche State Park. Known as one of the North Shore’s most popular camping spots, this state park is nestled alongside Lake Superior. You can hike throughout the area to see a number of scenic overlooks and beautiful lakes, or head along the Baptism River to check out its waterfalls.
Glendalaugh State Park. Located in western Minnesota, Glendalough State Park offers all kinds of natural beauty, including prairie lands, hardwood forests, and four lakes. The 2,761-acre park even has two yurts that you can stay at while you’re there, giving you the chance to have a truly unique camping experience.
Bear Head State Park. This park rests only a little bit away from the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW), making it easy to hit both parks at once. It will give you access to miles of shoreline, allowing you to swim, cast out, or even hit the trails that line the water. Its campground even offers canoe, kayak, and boat rentals, along with 73 sites, showers, and restrooms.
Of course, if you need something reliable to take you on your camping vacation, make sure to stop by Don Robinson Mitsubishi before you hit the trails.
It’s that time of year to pack up your Mitsubishi Outlander and hit the road with the family for an exciting journey. With tons of space to accommodate passengers and cargo, there’s no better summer adventure vehicle. You’ll feel confident and in control while on and off the road, and the Outlander’s smart interior will keep everyone entertained and connected. Here are a few tips on how to use your Mitsubishi Outlander for a summer road trip.
- Capitalize on cargo space: The Outlander’s spacious interior is perfect for road trips, offering comfortable seating for up to seven passengers and an impressive maximum cargo space of 63.3 cubic feet. Pack up everything you need for camping, outdoor adventures, or for setting out across the country.
- Take advantage of off-road capabilities: The Outlander’s available Super All-Wheel Control system uses a suite of state-of-the-art technologies to maximize traction, control, and stability while driving. Its available drive modes make the Outlander perfectly capable of traversing off-road terrains with the family in tow.
- Utilize entertainment features: The available Smartphone Link Display Audio system will be your best friend on road trips, offering HD Radio™ and Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ The latter features give you convenient and safe access to your smartphone’s calling, texting, music, and navigation capabilities directly on the system’s 7-inch touchscreen display, allowing you to easily stream your family’s favorite tunes.
Before you head out on your next road trip, visit our team at Don Robinson Mitsubishi to ensure your vehicle is in top condition for a safe and comfortable adventure.
These holiday travel tips will help keep you and your family prepared and safe on the open road this Thanksgiving and holiday season.
The most crucial part of any road trip is preparing ahead of time. You should keep your vehicle serviced and up to date, make sure you have everything packed that you need, and look up alternate routes ahead of time in case of traffic or road closures.
Bring Alternative Maps
Relying on a GPS? That’s not always the right move. Of course, it’s fine to use your GPS as a primary resource, but keep maps on hand in case of a lost signal, or consider printing information off Google Maps.
Other people on the road are also going to be booking it to their relatives’ for the holidays, so be cautious, drive slowly, and watch out for other vehicles.
Keep An Emergency Kit On Hand
Blankets, water bottles, snacks, a flashlight, jumper cables, and other necessities should be collected for an emergency kit, just in case.
Lots of studies have been done to prove that doing something while you’re scared or stressed makes you more prone to making mistakes. Get ample sleep the night before and take some time to relax on the road.
Use these holiday travel tips for a more reassuring drive to your relatives’ homes this holiday season.
Adventure-seekers and outdoor-lovers: get ready. At Don Robinson Mitsubishi, the Outlander and Outlander Sport are waiting to take you on an adventure. Exploring Minnesota is easy when you’re behind the wheel of an SUV.
There’s plenty of fishing to do in Central Minnesota. Otter Tail County is the ideal place for fishing, where the multiple lakes are full of bass, panfish, and northern pike. At Mille Lacs Lake, there are even guided launch trips. Getting there is a breeze with a capable SUV.
The beautiful views in Minnesota aren’t just for looks. The woods and mountains provide great hiking trails. At Portsmuth Overlook, you can enjoy a refreshing hike with an amazing view. If you want a view from an observation tower, then make the trek up Mille Lacs Kathio State Park’s tower.
Strap your bikes to your SUV’s roof and switch out your car tires for bike tires for a bit. Central Lakes State Trail and Bunyan State Trail are two paved trails you can take if you aren’t feeling incredibly rugged. If you’re in for an adventure, the Lake Wobegon Trail stretches through farms, lakes, and wetlands.
If you need an SUV to take you on all these adventures, you know where to find it! Come on down to Don Robinson Mitsubishi so that you can begin enjoying the great outdoors of Minnesota.
2017 Mitsubishi Outlander
If you’re looking for a new adventure in the state of Minnesota, there are tons of trails to explore. Whether you like hiking, bird watching, or biking, there’s truly something for everyone. Plus, you can easily find any off-road destination in a Mitsubishi Outlander, the perfect vehicle for the trip. With added storage space and a rugged exterior, any off-road adventure is a breeze.
One of the top Minnesota trails, according to TrailLink, is the Dakota Rail Regional Trail. This 26.6-mile trail is composed of asphalt and gravel, which is perfect for most beginners. As part of the Rails-to-Trails Conservancy, this trail was converted from old rail lines. Activities include biking, inline skating, fishing, and even cross country skiing. Plus, it’s wheelchair accessible.
Lake Wobegon is also a popular trail in the area. This one is a whopping 60 miles, with an asphalt surface that is also built on an old rail line. Biking, skating, walking, and snowmobiling are all perfect for this trail, and there are great places to fish along the way. Again, this trail is also wheelchair accessible, making it perfect for those with limited mobility.
Finally, hop in your Mitsubishi and drive to the Paul Bunyan State Trail. Measuring over 119 miles, this asphalt trail passes through forests, over 10 rivers and streams, and along more than 20 lakes. There are tons of flora and fauna, and campgrounds are located at both ends. Like the other trails mentioned, this is an accessible asphalt trail built on old rail lines.
Planning your next adventure already? To find the perfect car for the job or any accessories you might need, visit Don Robinson Mitsubishi today.
family in vehicle
We at Don Robinson Mitsubishi believe that St. Cloud is a wonderful place to live and work, but everyone needs a vacation, right? If you’re planning on loading up your Mitsubishi Outlander or Outlander Sport this summer for a family road trip but don’t know where to go, consider a few of these ideas:
- Louis, Missouri: The city with the famed Arch offers a lot to do, including the City Museum. It’s a 10-hour drive from St. Cloud, meaning you can make it there in a just a day’s drive.
- Sandusky, Ohio: Sandusky is known for having what is arguably the world’s best roller coaster haven: Cedar Point. A 12-hour drive from St. Cloud is all that is between you and a couple of days riding coasters on the beach. Make it a theme park trip, and drive another 4 hours to experience Ohio’s Kings Island near Cincinnati.
- Denver, Colorado: The city of Denver has plenty to offer culturally, and it’s just a 13-and-a-half-hour drive. If you switch off with your spouse, you’ll be able to make it to the Mile High City in your Mitsubishi SUV in just one day.
- Chicago, Illinois: The Windy City is the closest option on this list, but perhaps offers the most to do, whether you’d like to spend time on the beach or explore downtown. You and your family can be there in just a 7-hour drive from St. Cloud.
Be sure to bring your Mitsubishi in for routine maintenance at Don Robinson Mitsubishi before any road trip this summer.
Heading out on the open road in your new Mitsubishi Outlander Sport means you’re in for an adventure you’ll never forget. In addition to a fantastic, feature-packed vehicle, you’re out exploring all that Minnesota has to offer. Even if you’ve been all over the state, there are still a few road trips you need to take before hanging up the keys. We here at Don Robinson Mitsubishi have a few Minnesota road trips you simply have to take in an SUV!
Duluth – Heading to the city of Duluth is an adventure in itself, especially if all seven seats of the new Mitsubishi Outlander are filled. While the journey may seem long, the destination is definitely worth the wait. Scenic landscapes and winding roads seem like something out of a movie. Make sure to leave the vehicle and enjoy the Lakewalk!
Superior National Forest – There are few Minnesota locations more prestigious than the Superior National Forest. Gorgeous foliage and mountains make for an overwhelming sight. The wide lakes only add to the beauty of the Superior National Forest.
Cannon Falls – Heading northeast of Rochester will take you to the Cannon River in Cannon Falls. Small towns line the riverbanks and make for a quaint sight among one of nature’s scenic treasures.