Winter driving is typically not a fun experience. This is especially true in areas that are used to dealing with heavy snowfall each year, like Minnesota. Mitsubishi prides itself on the safety features of its vehicles, and there are ways to get top-of-the-line, performance-oriented driving from your Mitsubishi while traveling in the snow. Here are some features to help you pilot your Mitsubishi in winter weather.
- Mitsubishi’s All-Wheel Control: Mitsubishi’s distinctive All-Wheel Control system can handle any tough weather conditions you throw at it. The AWC system was engineered to the brand’s high standards of handling and performance in terms of traction, cornering, and braking. This smart system actively monitors the road using sensors, and it automatically makes power and torque adjustments to maintain traction. This provides the necessary amount of stability and control on slick roads that can make or break your driving experience.
- Advanced safety: Mitsubishi vehicles offer a wide range of state-of-the-art safety features that help you feel confident while cruising around in the wintertime. They routinely feature things like anti-lock braking systems and active stability control. Other advanced technologies are offered like Forward Collision Mitigation, Lane Keep Assist, and Auto High Beam Headlights.
These thoughtful features on Mitsubishis will help keep you safe on the winter roads this season. Visit Don Robinson Mitsubishi to learn more about useful vehicle tools to have while driving in hazardous weather.
It’s that time of year to pack up your Mitsubishi Outlander and hit the road with the family for an exciting journey. With tons of space to accommodate passengers and cargo, there’s no better summer adventure vehicle. You’ll feel confident and in control while on and off the road, and the Outlander’s smart interior will keep everyone entertained and connected. Here are a few tips on how to use your Mitsubishi Outlander for a summer road trip.
- Capitalize on cargo space: The Outlander’s spacious interior is perfect for road trips, offering comfortable seating for up to seven passengers and an impressive maximum cargo space of 63.3 cubic feet. Pack up everything you need for camping, outdoor adventures, or for setting out across the country.
- Take advantage of off-road capabilities: The Outlander’s available Super All-Wheel Control system uses a suite of state-of-the-art technologies to maximize traction, control, and stability while driving. Its available drive modes make the Outlander perfectly capable of traversing off-road terrains with the family in tow.
- Utilize entertainment features: The available Smartphone Link Display Audio system will be your best friend on road trips, offering HD Radio™ and Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ The latter features give you convenient and safe access to your smartphone’s calling, texting, music, and navigation capabilities directly on the system’s 7-inch touchscreen display, allowing you to easily stream your family’s favorite tunes.
Before you head out on your next road trip, visit our team at Don Robinson Mitsubishi to ensure your vehicle is in top condition for a safe and comfortable adventure.
St. Cloud, Minnesota is home to a lively atmosphere and a welcoming community. Getting outside is one of the best ways to live better and meet new people. Fortunately, there are plenty of outdoor events in St. Cloud that will make this coming spring a memorable one.
Pine Grove Zoo Season Opening
April 16th marks the official opening of the Pine Grove Zoo for the 2018 season. Located a short drive from St. Cloud, the Pine Grove Zoo is home to a wide variety of animals and educational programs that are perfect for kids and adults alike. Stop by on opening day to see some exotic animals and learn something new.
Earth Day Run
This year’s Earth Day Run takes place on April 20th and 21st at St. Cloud State University and is a great way to spend some time outdoors. There are multiple runs to choose from, including one for the kids. Companies can even take part in the Greater St. Cloud Development Corp. 5K Corporate Challenge. Once all is said and done, be sure to attend the post-race parties to top off a wonderful weekend outdoors.
Mental Health Walk
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is hosting the 5th annual Mental Health Walk on May 19th. The event takes place around Lake George and offers the perfect opportunity to get outdoors for a good cause. Take part in the silent basket auction and enjoy refreshments. Don’t forget to consider donating.
Heading to local parks is another great way to enjoy spring, and if you need a vehicle to reach those destinations, then you should stop by Don Robinson Mitsubishi.
If you’re in the St. Cloud area and are looking for opportunities to test your off-road driving skills, you’re in luck, as the area features plenty of great off-road trails that are perfect for switching into 4WD and getting the most out of your vehicle. At Don Robinson Mitsubishi, we carry a variety of All-Wheel Control vehicles, so it’s only fair that we share our favorite off-road trails in Minnesota.
Washington/ Ramsey Trail
Situated in the Nemadji State Forest, this trail system is 71 miles long and features impressive twists, steep climbs, and tight passages, all overlooking some seriously stunning landscapes. If you’re looking for a great way to get the most out of your vehicle, this trail is for you.
Iron Range Off-Highway Vehicle State Recreation Area
Located just East of the city of Gilbert, the Iron Range Off-Highway Vehicle State Recreation Area should be on the short list of every off-road driver. This huge park offers 36 miles of trails and takes you over a huge variety of terrains and elevations so you can really test your skills.
Bemis Hill Trails
If you’re looking for a wonderful way to spend an entire weekend, be sure to check out Bemis Hill Trails. An 85-mile system of trails perfect for off-roading, Bemis Hill is located on the shoreline of an ancient glacial lake which naturally carved out a beautiful and rugged landscape.
For the ideal off-roader, stop into Don Robinson Mitsubishi and check out our lineup.
As the winter approaches, many families across the country head indoors, but not here in Minnesota. Most Minnesotans love the winter and all the fun it entails. However, one important part of good winter fun is having a vehicle that can get you there. With the all-new 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross, nothing will stand in your way.
There are some great family features in the Eclipse Cross that make it an ideal choice for any adventure-loving troop. The available all-wheel drive will help keep you on the right path. Add in the heated seats, for both the front and rear seats to stay warm and cozy all season long.
Inside, there is plenty of available technology. Add the available head-up display to get all the information you need with crisp color. The touchpad controller, high-resolution touchscreen, and great connectivity make the Eclipse Cross’s technology easy for everyone to use.
To help keep everyone safe, the Eclipse Cross also has a suite of available safety technology, including blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, and forward collision warning.
Here at Don Robinson Mitsubishi, we think the Eclipse Cross is a fantastic addition to the Mitsubishi lineup. It will be arriving on our showroom floor early next year.
There are many colorful fall drives in Minnesota for those that want a sample of the Midwest’s glorious seasonal views.
St. Croix River Valley
Take Highway 95 from Taylor Falls to Afton to witness the brilliant foliage at four different state parks with scenic river views. However, this route is a popular one in the fall, so look out for traffic.
Brainerd Lakes & Mille Lacs
Head to Mille Lacs Kathio State Park to see several great Minnesota lakes on the way, including the Gull, Pelican, Cross, and Whitefish Chain lakes. Check out the park’s observation tower!
Otter Tail County
While this route also takes place on Highways 108 and 78, it winds through several country roads, too, featuring local farmland, historic sites, and two state parks.
Minnesota River Drive
The winding Minnesota River takes you past the colorful golden hues of indigenous hardwoods. Relax in nearby parks like Mankato and New Ulm, and stop by Minneopa State Park to see the waterfalls.
Twin Cities Touring
Loop around this more urban fall view that encircles Lake of the Isles, Calhoun, Harriet, and Nokomis Lakes. All you have to do is follow the Grand Rounds Scenic Byway.
Check out these colorful fall drives only in Minnesota. If you need a ride for exploring, then come to Don Robinson Mitsubishi for your next vehicle.
2017 Mitsubishi Outlander
If you’re looking for a new adventure in the state of Minnesota, there are tons of trails to explore. Whether you like hiking, bird watching, or biking, there’s truly something for everyone. Plus, you can easily find any off-road destination in a Mitsubishi Outlander, the perfect vehicle for the trip. With added storage space and a rugged exterior, any off-road adventure is a breeze.
One of the top Minnesota trails, according to TrailLink, is the Dakota Rail Regional Trail. This 26.6-mile trail is composed of asphalt and gravel, which is perfect for most beginners. As part of the Rails-to-Trails Conservancy, this trail was converted from old rail lines. Activities include biking, inline skating, fishing, and even cross country skiing. Plus, it’s wheelchair accessible.
Lake Wobegon is also a popular trail in the area. This one is a whopping 60 miles, with an asphalt surface that is also built on an old rail line. Biking, skating, walking, and snowmobiling are all perfect for this trail, and there are great places to fish along the way. Again, this trail is also wheelchair accessible, making it perfect for those with limited mobility.
Finally, hop in your Mitsubishi and drive to the Paul Bunyan State Trail. Measuring over 119 miles, this asphalt trail passes through forests, over 10 rivers and streams, and along more than 20 lakes. There are tons of flora and fauna, and campgrounds are located at both ends. Like the other trails mentioned, this is an accessible asphalt trail built on old rail lines.
Planning your next adventure already? To find the perfect car for the job or any accessories you might need, visit Don Robinson Mitsubishi today.
family in vehicle
We at Don Robinson Mitsubishi believe that St. Cloud is a wonderful place to live and work, but everyone needs a vacation, right? If you’re planning on loading up your Mitsubishi Outlander or Outlander Sport this summer for a family road trip but don’t know where to go, consider a few of these ideas:
- Louis, Missouri: The city with the famed Arch offers a lot to do, including the City Museum. It’s a 10-hour drive from St. Cloud, meaning you can make it there in a just a day’s drive.
- Sandusky, Ohio: Sandusky is known for having what is arguably the world’s best roller coaster haven: Cedar Point. A 12-hour drive from St. Cloud is all that is between you and a couple of days riding coasters on the beach. Make it a theme park trip, and drive another 4 hours to experience Ohio’s Kings Island near Cincinnati.
- Denver, Colorado: The city of Denver has plenty to offer culturally, and it’s just a 13-and-a-half-hour drive. If you switch off with your spouse, you’ll be able to make it to the Mile High City in your Mitsubishi SUV in just one day.
- Chicago, Illinois: The Windy City is the closest option on this list, but perhaps offers the most to do, whether you’d like to spend time on the beach or explore downtown. You and your family can be there in just a 7-hour drive from St. Cloud.
Be sure to bring your Mitsubishi in for routine maintenance at Don Robinson Mitsubishi before any road trip this summer.
When most new vehicles leave the assembly line, they have been outfitted with all-season tires. For many drivers, these tires are more than enough to get vehicles through all four seasons just fine. However, if you live in a particularly snowy part of the country, you might be considering winter tires. How do you know if they’re right for you?
“Do I Need Winter Tires?” Here’s What They Offer…
All-season tires are designed to make sure you can drive well in the summer and in the winter. To do so, however, they must sacrifice some of the more extreme benefits of tires that do well specifically in hotter or colder climates. Here are some of the benefits of winter tires that all-season tires must give up:
- Tread rubber on winter tires is designed to remain flexible, which allows the tires to grip the road, even when there is little traction.
- Traction is also improved through more “biting edges,” which are small slits in the tread that allow the tires to grip better.
- Deeper tread depths, as well as customized tread patterns, also work to give drivers better traction in snow and on the ice.
If you live in an area that sees a fair amount of snow in the winter, such as here in St. Cloud where we see nearly 50 inches of average snowfall, then you’ll want to consider winter tires for the snow.
In the market for new tires? Check out the Don Robinson Mitsubishi tire store, with big name brands such as Firestone and Goodyear available for your Mitsubishi SUV or car.
It’s that time of year where it’s warming up enough for you to spring clean your car, so here’s a guide to getting your vehicle in tip-top shape.
Clear Out Trash
This one’s simple – bring out a trash bag or two and just toss everything you need to stop carrying around in the vehicle with you. Fast food wrappers? Old receipts you said you’d use to make a budget and never did? Empty coffee cups? Throw it out.
Have a “Keep” Box
Sometimes we leave stuff in our car that we actually love, like an extra pair of shoes or something that we forgot to bring inside. Take a moment to collect these things and put them in a box for keeping. Don’t forget to check the trunk!
Scrub and Vacuum
Scrubbing happens first so you can get all the dirt stuck in nooks and crannies. Then, bring in the vacuum cleaning. It’s a good idea to take out the mats and power wash those, too.
Wash Everything Top to Bottom
Car wash time! Make sure you use a soap specially formulated for washing automobiles or else you could damage the protective coating on your vehicle. Make sure you wash the undercarriage too to get all the winter gunk off.
Wipers, oil change, fluids, tire rotation and checking for tread wear—just a few of the little details to keep up on when it comes to maintaining your car.
We at Don Robinson Mitsubishi know how important presentation is when it comes to a vehicle, so trust us when we say that it’s worth it to spring clean your car.