Though winter may now officially be in the past, we are still not immune to icy weather in the form of hail. Hailstorms can be seriously dangerous and frequently occur with little to no warning. If you find yourself experiencing a hailstorm, here are some hail safety tips to keep you and your family safe
- If given a warning, close your curtains and blinds to prevent injury from potential broken glass
- If you are outside when the hail begins, seek shelter as soon as possible and try to stay away from windows
- If you are driving, try to move your car under a bridge. If a bridge isn’t handy, it is best to pull over and crouch down in the back of your vehicle
- Consider keeping a blanket in the back of your car. If there is hail strong enough to break any of your windows, you will need the blanket to shield you from the glass
- Lastly – be vigilant. It is easy to avoid personal, physical harm by staying inside during a storm watch or warning
Hail can be dangerous and damaging for you and your vehicle, so stay safe and prepared for when hail may unexpected hit. If you have any other hail safety tips, let us know in the comments at Don Robinson Mitsubishi.