Top Mitsubishi awards in 2017
A vast collection of top Mitsubishi awards prove that this auto brand has a quality, successful lineup to offer to the public.
2017 Mitsubishi Outlander – KBB Most Affordable 3-Row Vehicles
- Do you need a lot of extra space? With the Mitsubishi Outlander, you get a 3-row family SUV for an affordable price. Kelley Blue Book recognizes that achievement with a spot on the Top 10 Most Affordable 3-Row Vehicles list.
2017 Mitsubishi Mirage – KBB Most Affordable New Cars
- The Mitsubishi Mirage earned a spot on Kelley Blue Book’s list of Top 10 Most Affordable New Cars, proving itself to be a frugal and quality option for budgeting buyers.
Brand – 2017 WOMMY Bronze Award
- The Word of Mouth Marketing Association honored Mitsubishi for the brand’s “Kids Talk Safety” ad campaign, which emphasized Mitsubishi as a leader in safety and technology.
Mitsubishi Outlander and Outlander Sport – IIHS Recommended Used Cars for Teens
- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety recommends the Mitsubishi Outlander and Outlander Sport as some of the best used options for teenage drivers thanks to their affordable price and SUV safety and capabilities.
Brand – Best All-Around Performance Brand & Economic Performance Brand
- This award from Automotive Science Group honored Mitsubishi for its contributions in the realm of social, environmental, and economic performance. ASG also mentioned the Outlander and Mirage, stating they stood out in their respective segments.
Want to see what earned these top Mitsubishi models awards? Come check out the brand’s lineup for yourself at Don Robinson Mitsubishi.
Students love these local universities and colleges!
So, you’re a high school graduate getting ready to go to one of the great colleges near St. Cloud. We at Don Robinson Mitsubishi serve the students of the area, providing them with capable vehicles for rides to and from school.
Saint Cloud State University – St. Cloud
Located right here in St. Cloud, Saint Cloud State University is one of the largest colleges in Minnesota, with more than 15,000 students on a 100-acre campus. If you plan on commuting, a smaller car suited to navigating crowded streets with good fuel economy like the Mitsubishi Lancer or Mirage would be your best pick.
St. Cloud Technical and Community College – St. Cloud
With open enrollment and two-year programs, SCTCC is a great alternative to traditional college, but if you choose to pursue a degree it’s also partnered with Saint Cloud State. Since it’s also located right here at home in St. Cloud, commuting in a sedan or other small car would still be your best choice.
College of Saint Benedict and Saint John’s University – Saint Joseph
Choose an SUV to get to this out-of-town college and university collaboration, which pairs a liberal arts education with the sense of stewardship and service that comes from Catholic and Benedictine traditions. With an SUV, you get more capability, better handling, and all-wheel drive systems that secure you during the winter months.
Are you ready to pick a car for your commute to one of these great colleges near St. Cloud? Stop by Don Robinson Mitsubishi today.
2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
Summer vacation is fleeting for many college students, which means it’ll be time for back-to-school shopping in no time. In addition to school supplies, you should also check out a number of Mitsubishi models that are perfect for heading back to campus. The best back-to-school vehicles include the Outlander, Outlander Sport, and the Mirage, thanks to their roomy interiors, affordable pricing, and great gas mileage.
According to Mitsubishi, the new Outlander comes with a range of great features that are perfect for moving back to campus. This crossover SUV gets up to 30 highway mpg* when properly equipped, which saves you money at the pump. The roomy interior can easily fit many of the furniture and supplies you need to move, with a cargo capacity of up to 63.3 cu ft.
For those who want to look especially cool, check out the new Outlander Sport. This model has less seating than the standard Outlander, but the Sport comes with improved capabilities. You can easily explore off-road trails, bike, hike, and more. The Outlander Sport is bound to make other drivers jealous.
Finally, the Mirage is a classic among students headed back to school. This subcompact model saves on space, gets up to 43 highway mpg*, and still seats up to five. It’s one of the most affordable cars on the market, and it also comes with an impressive 10-Year/100,000-Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty. Looking for the most bang for your buck? Check out the Mitsubishi Mirage.
To test drive or explore the Mitsubishi Outlander, Outlander Sport, or Mirage, visit Don Robinson Mitsubishi today.
*EPA estimates. Actual mileage may vary. For comparison purposes only.
2017 Mitsubishi Outlander
If you’re looking for a new adventure in the state of Minnesota, there are tons of trails to explore. Whether you like hiking, bird watching, or biking, there’s truly something for everyone. Plus, you can easily find any off-road destination in a Mitsubishi Outlander, the perfect vehicle for the trip. With added storage space and a rugged exterior, any off-road adventure is a breeze.
One of the top Minnesota trails, according to TrailLink, is the Dakota Rail Regional Trail. This 26.6-mile trail is composed of asphalt and gravel, which is perfect for most beginners. As part of the Rails-to-Trails Conservancy, this trail was converted from old rail lines. Activities include biking, inline skating, fishing, and even cross country skiing. Plus, it’s wheelchair accessible.
Lake Wobegon is also a popular trail in the area. This one is a whopping 60 miles, with an asphalt surface that is also built on an old rail line. Biking, skating, walking, and snowmobiling are all perfect for this trail, and there are great places to fish along the way. Again, this trail is also wheelchair accessible, making it perfect for those with limited mobility.
Finally, hop in your Mitsubishi and drive to the Paul Bunyan State Trail. Measuring over 119 miles, this asphalt trail passes through forests, over 10 rivers and streams, and along more than 20 lakes. There are tons of flora and fauna, and campgrounds are located at both ends. Like the other trails mentioned, this is an accessible asphalt trail built on old rail lines.
Planning your next adventure already? To find the perfect car for the job or any accessories you might need, visit Don Robinson Mitsubishi today.
family in vehicle
We at Don Robinson Mitsubishi believe that St. Cloud is a wonderful place to live and work, but everyone needs a vacation, right? If you’re planning on loading up your Mitsubishi Outlander or Outlander Sport this summer for a family road trip but don’t know where to go, consider a few of these ideas:
- Louis, Missouri: The city with the famed Arch offers a lot to do, including the City Museum. It’s a 10-hour drive from St. Cloud, meaning you can make it there in a just a day’s drive.
- Sandusky, Ohio: Sandusky is known for having what is arguably the world’s best roller coaster haven: Cedar Point. A 12-hour drive from St. Cloud is all that is between you and a couple of days riding coasters on the beach. Make it a theme park trip, and drive another 4 hours to experience Ohio’s Kings Island near Cincinnati.
- Denver, Colorado: The city of Denver has plenty to offer culturally, and it’s just a 13-and-a-half-hour drive. If you switch off with your spouse, you’ll be able to make it to the Mile High City in your Mitsubishi SUV in just one day.
- Chicago, Illinois: The Windy City is the closest option on this list, but perhaps offers the most to do, whether you’d like to spend time on the beach or explore downtown. You and your family can be there in just a 7-hour drive from St. Cloud.
Be sure to bring your Mitsubishi in for routine maintenance at Don Robinson Mitsubishi before any road trip this summer.
When most new vehicles leave the assembly line, they have been outfitted with all-season tires. For many drivers, these tires are more than enough to get vehicles through all four seasons just fine. However, if you live in a particularly snowy part of the country, you might be considering winter tires. How do you know if they’re right for you?
“Do I Need Winter Tires?” Here’s What They Offer…
All-season tires are designed to make sure you can drive well in the summer and in the winter. To do so, however, they must sacrifice some of the more extreme benefits of tires that do well specifically in hotter or colder climates. Here are some of the benefits of winter tires that all-season tires must give up:
- Tread rubber on winter tires is designed to remain flexible, which allows the tires to grip the road, even when there is little traction.
- Traction is also improved through more “biting edges,” which are small slits in the tread that allow the tires to grip better.
- Deeper tread depths, as well as customized tread patterns, also work to give drivers better traction in snow and on the ice.
If you live in an area that sees a fair amount of snow in the winter, such as here in St. Cloud where we see nearly 50 inches of average snowfall, then you’ll want to consider winter tires for the snow.
In the market for new tires? Check out the Don Robinson Mitsubishi tire store, with big name brands such as Firestone and Goodyear available for your Mitsubishi SUV or car.
They say music feeds the soul. For that reason, we should be grateful that there are so many great upcoming concerts in Saint Cloud to look forward to. Be sure to put these performances on your calendar and look forward to some inspiring, danceable entertainment this early spring.
The Oak Ridge Boys
The legendary Oak Ridge Boys return to the Paramount Center for the Arts on March 3-5th. This American country and gospel quartet has been around for over half a century and they’ve lasted this long for a reason. You’ll be serenaded with a mix of tunes that’s sure to please. Tickets are $27-34.
Mill Creek Irish
Get in the mood for St. Patrick’s Day with Mill Creek Irish. You’ll be out of your seat and dancing with this acclaimed local group as they put bow to fiddle and lips to tin whistle to bring you traditional Irish jigs and their modern counterparts. Catch this show on March 10th at Bo Diddley’s Pub & Deli. Tickets are $12.
Glenn Miller Orchestra
On April 11th you’ll have a chance to hear some legendary big band music when the Glenn Miller Orchestra rolls through town. Tap your foot or hone in on your swing dancing skills as the orchestra plays classic tunes like “In the Mood” or “Moonlight Serenade” in honor of the famous musician. The performance takes place at the Paramount and tickets are $18.
You have a few more weeks until Halloween, which is enough time to put the final touches on everyone’s Halloween costumes. If you and your family really want to go all out this year, consider a family Halloween costume. Here are some great ideas that are sure to win the next costume contest.
- Space Family. With this theme, you could combine astronauts and aliens. Anything silver is a good choice.
- One parent can dress as a zookeeper while everyone else can choose their favorite animal costume.
- Despicable Me. Have Dad dress as Gru, Mom can be Lucy Wilde, and the kids can all be cute yellow Minions.
- Football team. Parents can dress as referees, while the little ones can pack on the pads and helmets. If you have a newborn, dress the baby as the football.
- For a touch of scary for your family costume, try some creepy costumes from this classic movie.
- Lord of the Rings. Create your own fellowship with your favorite characters from this iconic book and movie series.
- Toy Story. Let your kids choose their favorite characters from the Toy Story movies and Mom and Dad can fill in the gaps.
Are you planning a family Halloween costume this year? Be sure to stop by Don Robinson Mitsubishi for our trunk or treat event leading up to Halloween!
We were all heartbroken when we learned that Mitsubishi was ending production of the Lancer Evolution permanently. However, there is a silver lining. Mitsubishi has auctioned off the last production Lancer Evolution to raise money for charity.
The Final Edition Evo is powered by a turbocharged DOHC 16-valve four-cylinder 2.0-liter engine rated at 303 horsepower—the most powerful mass-produced Evolution ever built.
Mitsubishi only produced 1,600 of its Final Edition Evolution model and the US1600 car went to the online auction block on eBay. All proceeds from the auction will benefit Feeding America Riverside & San Bernardino and the Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County.
Over the course of seven days, 15 bidders from across the country battled it out to keep the highest bid. In the end, the Final Edition sold for $76,400.
Nicole Suydam, CEO of Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County, said, “Too many people in our community are forced to make hard choices between rent and food, or medicine and food. Mitsubishi’s auction of the final Lancer Evolution will make a big difference in the lives of so many men, women and children who look to us for support every day. We are very grateful for their generosity.”
Here at Don Robinson Mitsubishi, we are sad to see the Lancer Evolution go, but are proud to see Mitsubishi donate this iconic vehicle to such a great cause.
If you’re ever unfortunate enough to get in a car accident, there are several steps you should take quickly to ensure the safety of yourself and anyone else involved in the crash.
First, try not to panic. It would be easy to in a situation like that, but just take a deep breath. Also be sure to check yourself for injuries, then make sure any passengers in your car are awake and unhurt. If there are injuries beyond scratches and scrapes, call an ambulance—better safe than sorry.
For minor accidents, if no one is hurt and the damage isn’t bad, move your car off of the road. This will keep you from blocking traffic and causing more accidents to occur. Turn on your hazard lights and put out cones if you have them so oncoming cars know to avoid you.
Get the information of anyone else involved in the accident, and call the police. No incident is too minor for police to get involved. Then notify your insurance agent. Take notes while you’re on the scene so you have them for insurance claims. If other drivers are involved, don’t get into arguments with them about whose fault it was. You can argue that later with the insurance companies. Talk to them as little as possible and give as much information as you can to the police and the insurance company.
If you are looking for a safe vehicle, check out some of the safest Mitsubishi models here at Don Robinson Mitsubishi!