It’s that time of year to pack up your Mitsubishi Outlander and hit the road with the family for an exciting journey. With tons of space to accommodate passengers and cargo, there’s no better summer adventure vehicle. You’ll feel confident and in control while on and off the road, and the Outlander’s smart interior will keep everyone entertained and connected. Here are a few tips on how to use your Mitsubishi Outlander for a summer road trip.
- Capitalize on cargo space: The Outlander’s spacious interior is perfect for road trips, offering comfortable seating for up to seven passengers and an impressive maximum cargo space of 63.3 cubic feet. Pack up everything you need for camping, outdoor adventures, or for setting out across the country.
- Take advantage of off-road capabilities: The Outlander’s available Super All-Wheel Control system uses a suite of state-of-the-art technologies to maximize traction, control, and stability while driving. Its available drive modes make the Outlander perfectly capable of traversing off-road terrains with the family in tow.
- Utilize entertainment features: The available Smartphone Link Display Audio system will be your best friend on road trips, offering HD Radio™ and Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ The latter features give you convenient and safe access to your smartphone’s calling, texting, music, and navigation capabilities directly on the system’s 7-inch touchscreen display, allowing you to easily stream your family’s favorite tunes.
Before you head out on your next road trip, visit our team at Don Robinson Mitsubishi to ensure your vehicle is in top condition for a safe and comfortable adventure.
family in vehicle
We at Don Robinson Mitsubishi believe that St. Cloud is a wonderful place to live and work, but everyone needs a vacation, right? If you’re planning on loading up your Mitsubishi Outlander or Outlander Sport this summer for a family road trip but don’t know where to go, consider a few of these ideas:
- Louis, Missouri: The city with the famed Arch offers a lot to do, including the City Museum. It’s a 10-hour drive from St. Cloud, meaning you can make it there in a just a day’s drive.
- Sandusky, Ohio: Sandusky is known for having what is arguably the world’s best roller coaster haven: Cedar Point. A 12-hour drive from St. Cloud is all that is between you and a couple of days riding coasters on the beach. Make it a theme park trip, and drive another 4 hours to experience Ohio’s Kings Island near Cincinnati.
- Denver, Colorado: The city of Denver has plenty to offer culturally, and it’s just a 13-and-a-half-hour drive. If you switch off with your spouse, you’ll be able to make it to the Mile High City in your Mitsubishi SUV in just one day.
- Chicago, Illinois: The Windy City is the closest option on this list, but perhaps offers the most to do, whether you’d like to spend time on the beach or explore downtown. You and your family can be there in just a 7-hour drive from St. Cloud.
Be sure to bring your Mitsubishi in for routine maintenance at Don Robinson Mitsubishi before any road trip this summer.
When the weather gets warmer, the road becomes flush with motorcyclists. Did you know that over half of all fatal motorcycle crashes involve another vehicle, and that most of those are at the fault of the car or truck driver? It’s extremely important to keep motorcycle safety a priority. Here are some tips to help you and motorcyclists:
When you’re turning left, look for traffic – The number one cause of fatal accidents for motorcyclists is when a vehicle turns in front of them. When you’re turning left, make sure you look out for motorcyclists.
Increase your following distance – Motorcyclists have a much quicker stopping distance than cars do. This means that if they stop suddenly and you’re following too close, your chances of rear-ending them are high. Since they also often slow down by downshifting, this doesn’t activate the brake light. So make sure you’re paying attention.
Allow them to swerve – Motorcyclists often adjust their position in a lane to be seen better or to avoid things like potholes and debris. Give them room in the lane to do so if you’re passing them, and don’t ever try to share the lane with them.
Follow these tips and you’ll have a safe and happy spring! Be sure to stop in and see us at Don Robinson Mitsubishi this spring for some great deals on new Mitsubishi models!