family in vehicle
We at Don Robinson Mitsubishi believe that St. Cloud is a wonderful place to live and work, but everyone needs a vacation, right? If you’re planning on loading up your Mitsubishi Outlander or Outlander Sport this summer for a family road trip but don’t know where to go, consider a few of these ideas:
- Louis, Missouri: The city with the famed Arch offers a lot to do, including the City Museum. It’s a 10-hour drive from St. Cloud, meaning you can make it there in a just a day’s drive.
- Sandusky, Ohio: Sandusky is known for having what is arguably the world’s best roller coaster haven: Cedar Point. A 12-hour drive from St. Cloud is all that is between you and a couple of days riding coasters on the beach. Make it a theme park trip, and drive another 4 hours to experience Ohio’s Kings Island near Cincinnati.
- Denver, Colorado: The city of Denver has plenty to offer culturally, and it’s just a 13-and-a-half-hour drive. If you switch off with your spouse, you’ll be able to make it to the Mile High City in your Mitsubishi SUV in just one day.
- Chicago, Illinois: The Windy City is the closest option on this list, but perhaps offers the most to do, whether you’d like to spend time on the beach or explore downtown. You and your family can be there in just a 7-hour drive from St. Cloud.
Be sure to bring your Mitsubishi in for routine maintenance at Don Robinson Mitsubishi before any road trip this summer.
When most new vehicles leave the assembly line, they have been outfitted with all-season tires. For many drivers, these tires are more than enough to get vehicles through all four seasons just fine. However, if you live in a particularly snowy part of the country, you might be considering winter tires. How do you know if they’re right for you?
“Do I Need Winter Tires?” Here’s What They Offer…
All-season tires are designed to make sure you can drive well in the summer and in the winter. To do so, however, they must sacrifice some of the more extreme benefits of tires that do well specifically in hotter or colder climates. Here are some of the benefits of winter tires that all-season tires must give up:
- Tread rubber on winter tires is designed to remain flexible, which allows the tires to grip the road, even when there is little traction.
- Traction is also improved through more “biting edges,” which are small slits in the tread that allow the tires to grip better.
- Deeper tread depths, as well as customized tread patterns, also work to give drivers better traction in snow and on the ice.
If you live in an area that sees a fair amount of snow in the winter, such as here in St. Cloud where we see nearly 50 inches of average snowfall, then you’ll want to consider winter tires for the snow.
In the market for new tires? Check out the Don Robinson Mitsubishi tire store, with big name brands such as Firestone and Goodyear available for your Mitsubishi SUV or car.