Don Robinson pledged to donate $1 for every new page like to our Facebook page to the Tri-County Humane Society in St. Cloud, MN. From July 15th to August 19th, we ran our campaign to raise money, and with the help of the Humane Society we were able to reach a lot of new fans! After five weeks, we raised a total of $806 for the Humane Society!
This campaign was created because Don Robinson is a big dog-lover and wanted to give back to those who help take care of animals. Spurred by this and his desire to help out man’s best friend, he sought out our local Humane Society to find a way to give back. Thus our Like Campaign was formed as well as a lasting friendship with the people at our local shelter.
Don commented on this campaign saying, “I am very fortunate to have found a place here in St. Cloud that makes the difference that the Tri-County Humane Society does. When I first walked into the humane society, it was very clear to me the difference that these people make and the happiness they bring not only to families, but to the animals they care for as well.”
Because of the success of this campaign and the bond formed with the Humane Society, Don Robinson Mitsubishi wants to continue to help by finding great homes for the animals they care for. Because of this, we will be featuring a “cutie of the week” every Friday on our Facebook page for our existing and new fans! We hope this will continue to benefit the Humane Society and we are proud to continue to support our local shelter in this fun and rewarding way! Be sure to stop by our Facebook page every week to see which “Cutie” we will be featuring!
Summertime is the perfect time to enjoy a fresh, juicy, sweet peach. But, there is so much more you can do with a peach than simply eating it. Here are some delicious summer peach recipes you’ll have to try.
- Ginger Peach Shortbread Cobbler. This simple dessert requires zero peeling and when topped with the shortbread cookies, looks simply divine.
- Blackberry Peach Coffee Cake. This fruit-filled dessert will become a favorite at your next breakfast or brunch. The cinnamon streusel topping complements the tart fruit for a scrumptious combination.
- Summertime Peach Ice Cream. If you have an ice cream maker at home, you definitely need to try this creamy, fruity, frozen treat.
- Insalata con Peche. For something on the savory side, whip up this simple summer salad that combines peaches, prosciutto, mozzarella, and thyme.
- Fresh Peach Gelees. This adult-only dessert will be a refreshing end to a summertime cocktail party. It uses white wine and vodka in place of water in this gelatin.
What is your favorite way to eat peaches in the summer? Share your favorite summer peach recipe with us in the comments below. We would love to hear about even more great peach recipes to try!