The J.D. Power 2021 U.S. Initial Quality Study measured the quality of new 2021 model-year vehicles and ranked automakers accordingly. Mitsubishi tied for third in the study, which is a major improvement from its sixth-place ranking in the 2020 study.
Based on the responses of owners, Mitsubishi only had 144 problems per 100 vehicles for the initial 90 days of ownership — four points better than its score last year. This is well below the 2021 industry average of 162 problems per 100 vehicles.
The Mitsubishi Outlander Sport also took second place in the small SUV segment for receiving a high ranking in the study. The model’s score improved an impressive 12 points year over year, moving it up one place in its class.
Not only are new Mitsubishi models high-quality, but they also come with fantastic warranty coverage. So, if you do experience any issues, these can easily be repaired at the dealership. A new Mitsubishi offers a 10-year/100,000-mile Powertrain Limited Warranty, a seven-year/100,000-mile Anti-Corrosion/Perforation Limited Warranty, and a five-year/60,000-mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
If you’re looking to buy a reliable and valuable vehicle for all of life’s adventures, schedule a test drive today in one of the new Mitsubishi vehicles we offer at Don Robinson Mitsubishi in St. Cloud, Minnesota.
Mitsubishi Outlander’s safety | Don Robinson Mitsubishi Blog | St Cloud, MN
We all want safe vehicles, and we shouldn’t settle for less. Mitsubishi doesn’t sacrifice safety for anything, which is why the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety recently recognized the 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander’s safety with a Top Safety Pick accolade.
The Outlander achieved the top “good” rating in all crash tests, a “superior” for its optional front crash prevention technology, and “acceptable” rating for its available headlights. Don’t let the acceptable headlight rating fool you: The IIHS started rating headlights in 2016 with infamously strict guidelines, so an “acceptable” in headlights amounts to great quality.
“Earning the IIHS Top Safety Pick is a key reason for customers to place the Outlander at the top of their shopping list, proving it one of the most competitive vehicles in the incredibly popular compact SUV segment” said Mark Chaffin, chief operating officer for Mitsubishi Motors North America.
The Outlander utilizes Mitsubishi’s RISE body structure, which strategically places crumple zones and a high tensile strength steel cage to mitigate the damage in a collision and direct it away from the cabin and any passengers.
All Outlander models come standard with numerous safety features including a rearview camera, seven airbags, a Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Active Stability Control with Traction Control Logic, Hill Start Assist, and an anti-lock braking system with electronic brake-force distribution.
If you’d like to see the 2019 Outlander’s safety systems and have additional questions, call or visit us at Don Robinson Mitsubishi to schedule a test drive.
Top Mitsubishi awards in 2017
A vast collection of top Mitsubishi awards prove that this auto brand has a quality, successful lineup to offer to the public.
2017 Mitsubishi Outlander – KBB Most Affordable 3-Row Vehicles
- Do you need a lot of extra space? With the Mitsubishi Outlander, you get a 3-row family SUV for an affordable price. Kelley Blue Book recognizes that achievement with a spot on the Top 10 Most Affordable 3-Row Vehicles list.
2017 Mitsubishi Mirage – KBB Most Affordable New Cars
- The Mitsubishi Mirage earned a spot on Kelley Blue Book’s list of Top 10 Most Affordable New Cars, proving itself to be a frugal and quality option for budgeting buyers.
Brand – 2017 WOMMY Bronze Award
- The Word of Mouth Marketing Association honored Mitsubishi for the brand’s “Kids Talk Safety” ad campaign, which emphasized Mitsubishi as a leader in safety and technology.
Mitsubishi Outlander and Outlander Sport – IIHS Recommended Used Cars for Teens
- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety recommends the Mitsubishi Outlander and Outlander Sport as some of the best used options for teenage drivers thanks to their affordable price and SUV safety and capabilities.
Brand – Best All-Around Performance Brand & Economic Performance Brand
- This award from Automotive Science Group honored Mitsubishi for its contributions in the realm of social, environmental, and economic performance. ASG also mentioned the Outlander and Mirage, stating they stood out in their respective segments.
Want to see what earned these top Mitsubishi models awards? Come check out the brand’s lineup for yourself at Don Robinson Mitsubishi.